- Please be courteous to other trail users.
- When other users pass, stay to your right.
- When in a group, avoid blocking the trail.
- Slow down and allow oncoming walkers to pass on one side of the trail.
- When approaching from behind, alert walkers of your presence and pass carefully on the left.
- Biking is allowed on all segments of the trail. However, the Green Circle connects to other trails that may not allow biking; please respect the rules of each site.
- Yield to all other trail users.
- Use your bell or horn to announce your presence to walkers well in advance, particularly when approaching from behind.
- Slow down and pass with care.
- Do not exceed the 12 mph speed limit. Slowly approach blind turns in anticipation of other trail users and obstacles that are beyond your view.
- No racing or reckless riding.
- Ride only on trails designated for biking.
- Walk bicycles on narrow boardwalks, bridges, and steep hills.
- When encountering walkers on narrow trails, stop and wait for them to pass or signal you through.
- Pets are not allowed on the University Trail through Schmeeckle Reserve, a natural area on the UW-Stevens Point campus. Follow along North Point Drive to make the loop instead.
- Pets are allowed on all other sections of the Green Circle.
- Pets must be kept on an 8-foot leash or shorter, and be under control at all times.
- Promptly remove pet waste in consideration for other trail users.
- Snowshoeing and winter hiking are allowed on all sections of the trail except for groomed ski trails.
- The Plover River Trail and the Iverson Park Trail are groomed for classic skiing. Snowshoeing, hiking, and pets are not allowed on the ski trails.
- No racing or skate skiing, except where designated.
- When others approach, slow down and pass with care.
- The trail is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., except for the University Trail which closes at sunset.
- Avoid wearing headphones for your own safety.
- At dusk or after dusk, use a light of some type to see the trail along with a flashing safety light to make yourself visible.
- Motorized vehicles, excluding wheelchairs, are prohibited on the trail.
- Horses are not permitted in the trail corridor.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed on the trail.
- Fires and fireworks are prohibited along the trail.
County and City Ordinances
To view the county and city ordinances that apply to the Green Circle Trail, click the links below: